Okay, so it's been over a week since I've posted... this weekend was a bit busy. I've finally figured out a way to exercise outside - CYCLING! It's a bit warm for now, but at least I'm moving and so the wind kind of keeps me cooler. I went on rides both Friday afternoon and Saturday morning, and the rest of the weekend was filled mundane tasks like cleaning my apartment and grocery shopping. I've also started swimming on Mondays, and hopefully will soon start playing ultimate on Tuesdays as well as playing either soccer or rugby (we'll see how scary the other players are...) on Mondays and Wednesdays. Pretty much I'm sick of exercise machines and need to do something other than sitting on a stationary bike every day!
In other news, my Dad is here in Doha! He came in on Sunday and will stay through Thursday. He's here on a business trip to start getting prepared for his final move here in November, so it's a short trip but it's been fun, and not to mention a little weird, to have my Dad here. It gives me an extra element of normalcy.
I'm also trying to currently make plans for traveling during Eid break in October. I'm trying to figure out a way to see as much of India as possible, which proves to be much harder than you'd think. India is quite a large country and there's no high-speed train to make traversing it very easy.
And as a last quick thought, I've come upon some interesting dynamics in work lately relating to students perspectives on clubs and organizations. Anybody here at CMUQ knows that this past week and this current one are crazy because of the new funding and recognition process that's been put in place by Student Majlis. Part of that is establishing a constitution, which must have some sort of membership clause. Apparently for a several organizations, the concept of membership is a tough one because business is much easier and much preferred to be done by means of personal relationships as opposed to having these things open to the general public. There's a lot more explanation and thought that's behind that issue, which hopefully I'll have a chance to address in the near future on the blog, but this is a start. More to come on this topic...
No comments:
Post a Comment