I realized yesterday that I hadn't yet posted in December. Students and work tend to get in the way of things like that. I realized I haven't posted about how the Dubai 7's went, the end of classes, the end of semester party, thoughts about the semester and next year, or any of the other preparations I've done for the end of the year... most importantly the fact that I fly home to the states tomorrow.
I'm not in the most reflective mood right now, so I'll leave that for the two weeks that I have at home with family and friends. I'm bringing 2 books home with me: "The Chronicles of Narnia" (sadly I've never read them in full) and "Fabric of Faithfulness: Weaving together belief and behavior" by Steve Garber. I'm hoping to get a little spiritual rejuvenation out of those two reads, and hopefully a good dose of blogging will help with that too. I've noticed that the less I blog, the less aware I am of my feelings and the feelings of those around me. That's primarily why I started journaling more last year anyway, and why I've been blogging this semester. I find that writing or talking out my thoughts or feelings helps me become much more aware of them. I don't always have a soundboard for my thoughts (although having my dad here helps with that), so I need to blog instead. But when I don't blog or journal as often I tend to get stuck in an emotional or spiritual rut that only journaling can get me out of.
So yeah, more thoughts to come once I finally have more down-time to sit at the computer for periods of time. Until then, enjoy the holidays!
No comments:
Post a Comment