Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Dad's Bday + St.Patty's Day

Not that I'm a hermit, but it's been a while since I've had a truly social weekend. This last weekend, there were two reasons to celebrate... my Dad's 60th birthday and St. Patty's day.

I wanted to do something special for my Dad's 60th. He would have rather just stayed at home and sulked about being old, but I knew all of his coworkers and friends would have been more than happy to celebrate with him on Friday night. I was originally thinking of doing a surprise party at his place and making up some ridiculous story for why he needed to be away from his villa for half an hour, but it was a little over the top and a bit too complicated. Instead, I settled for taking him out to dinner and having people wait at the Cigar bar in the 4-seasons as a surprise after dinner. He was definitely surprised, but I think he enjoyed it.
The Pope technically moved St. Patty's day this year to March 15 so that it wouldn't fall during Holy Week. We decided to celebrate on the usual March 17, a Monday. That probably turned out for the better because it meant that not as many people were out on the night of the 17th so the Irish bar at the Sheraton wasn't completely packed. I went out with a small group of coworkers and friends. We, or at least Rose, even made an interesting friend (or just a really drunk, smelly, French guy...).

1 comment:

Marjorie said...

ooh, that's a great picture of us. :-) I'd love to see the other ones from that night -- me with my baby Guinness, and Rosemary with her Frenchman.