Sunday, April 18, 2010
The beginnings of a new chapter
My three year contract runs out on August 11, 2010. Over the past 6 or so months, I've been trying to figure out what my life will hold for me after that date. And after a very long process of preparing graduate school applications, letters of intent, resumes, CV's, trasncripts, and letters of recommendation, I've finally decided on where I will be come August - Teacher's College of Columbia University in New York. This fall I will be enrolling in a 1-year Master of Arts program in Comparative and International Education. There are many things that I'm excited for in this transition back to the US. There are also many things that I will miss about Doha and my life and lifestyle here that I will undoubtedly miss. My perspective on this swing freely from excitement to ambivalence but rarely to regret (the latter happens only after a particularly lovely and relaxing weekend... something I know I'll never get in grad school). I hope to capture those thoughts and feelings in a series of posts over the summer. But for now, rest assured knowing that I have somewhere to go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment