Although I love the deep, soul-searching, and energizing kind of posts that I've been writing lately, I realize it might be helpful just to describe life as it is here in Doha. So... I just wanted to update everybody that I've arrived safely and have settled into my new apartment. I was met at the airport, having lost only 1 of my bags, by a few familiar faces which was very helpful for me to feel comfortable. I promptly received my apartment key and moved in! I've posted a dozen or so pics on my Picasa site, so you should definitely check those out. The apartment compound easily exceeds my expectations (which were pretty high, mostly built up by people already living there) and CMUQ has certainly made sure we're well taken care of. I live directly nextdoor to two of my coworkers and another lives right across the street. I live above the Dean of Students for Georgetown, so literally I'm surrounded by faces that will soon be very familiar.
It's becoming very evident that, as hard as this leap was to take initially, it's becoming easier and easier by the minute as I continue to discover ways in which I'm connected to others and have been or will be taken care of here. It's funny how uprooting one's life really is nothing of the sort when you've got a foundation of friends and family with you both physically and emotionally.
No comments:
Post a Comment