Saturday, August 18, 2007

How could I forget Bruce?!?


Saddened by the selling of my dear little Jetta, Nadine, that I've had since I was 16, I quickly turned to cry on Bruce's shoulder - my new SUV. Good thing Nadine ever knew, b/c she'd kill me if she found out that I was driving a gas-guzzling, get-out-of-my-way-sized SUV. He's a Mitsubishi Pajero, and boy is he big. To offset the fact that I'm driving something I swore to myself that I'd never own, I'm sharing Bruce with my coworker and office-mate. Greg came up with the fittingly meat-head-like name of Bruce. I don't mind him (Bruce) so much b/c he does a particularly good job of jumping curbs and driving where no road exists, which happens a lot here in Doha and is definitely something Nadine never really mastered. She's on to bigger and better things now, once again in the hands of a new driver that my parents sold her to. I got a few good long-distance road trips with her before I had to let her go so we got some good bonding time.

The only consolation is that I filled the 60+ liter tank for around $16.

1 comment:

Denny Roberts said...

Dude - Bruce is quite attractive. But, as you said, I'm glad Nadine didn't have a chance to meet him. Knowing her, she would have stood up right in his face and called him out for being such a guzzler. I guess that Bruce is a little more tolerable when you can fill your tank for chump change!

We're anxious to talk to you (Sunday). If you didn't get your Vonage phone, we can call. Even if our calling is a bit more expensive, we'd love to talk for a while.