Sunday, October 7, 2007

Sunday: Things for which I'm grateful

Hmmm... sitting here at the end of the day I'm realizing that this would probably be a lot easier if I wrote them down as I go throughout the day. Oh well.

Even though today is the traditional Christian sabbath while it's not here in Qatar (b/c the Muslim sabbath is a Friday, and thus everybody has their sabbath on Friday here...), I'm extremely grateful that I have even been able to find a fellowship to worship with on a weekly basis. I could be in another country, Saudi Arabia comes to mind, where I'm really NOT allowed to practice my faith. I'm grateful for friends back at home who every once in a while drop in and update me on life in the states. I'm also grateful for the fact that one of them will be joining me in January!! And I'm even more grateful that other friends with whom I've fallen out of communication are patient with my lack of emails and still respond when I do email them :) And finally, I'm grateful for the little birdy that likes to perch on my front balcony and chirp away while I sit down at breakfast.

No comments: