Sunday, March 15, 2009

Qatarburgh

You might remember me posting about a group of students from the Pittsburgh campus who visited last March during their Spring Break. This last week was the 2nd installment of that trip, now dubbed IMPAQT (stands for "initiating meaningful Pittsburgh and Qatar transactions"). The group was a bit younger than last year and the purpose was much less consultative and much more peer-minded. They have a fun blog that they kept of the week with links to some amazing pictures. The writing is really well done, just what you'd expect out of several members from the Tartan newspaper staff. Check it out: http://qatarburgh.com/blog/.

Trips continue to be my favorite and most rewarding part of my job. The nitty gritty of detail planning is often a pain, but the outcomes are often greater than any other student experience... from many different perspectives. In 5 days I'll be heading with a group to Morocco to do a little outdoor education and I am so excited I could jump out of my skin.

No comments: