The safari was awesome. Highlights included seeing cheetahs, loads of lions (including one gnawing on a half-eaten gazelle carcass), elephants,
zebras, giraffes, water buffalo, a dozen different types of gazelles, and a bunch more I can't even remember. Pictures again will be hard to come
by in the next week but I'll put them up when I get home. We spent most of the 6 days with our heads popped above the roof of our old-school Toyota Land Cruiser, which was surprisingly exhausting.
Here in Zanzibar, the people are extremely nice, life is laid back, and everything is incredibly walkable. It gives Morocco a serious run for its money as the top on my list of places I've visited since being in Doha. Seriously, if you've never considered going to Zanzibar, you need to.
That's enough from me. No pictures still but hopefully I'll have them up when I get back.
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Update from the middle of nowhere...
Okay well not quite nowhere - actually we're on Kendwa beach right now on the Northern tip of Zanzibar Island. We got done with our 6 day safari on last Sunday, took a cross-country bus from Arusha to Dar Es Salaam just in time to catch the ferry to Zanzibar that same day. Spent a day and a half in Stone Town, and then headed to the beach. We're here for another day (snorkeling is on the schedule for tomorrow), head back to Stone Town for the last day/night, and then it's back to Doha on Saturday. Depressing...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment